I got my glads in the ground!

Let me start off by saying that I have never had the best luck with plants.  Noah has the green thumb in the family.  Give me a cactus and I will give you a dried out twig stuck in a pot.  I have been that way my whole life.  Sad I know.

So I have these Gladiola bulbs, and a packet of wild flower seeds that is suppose to attract butterflies and hummingbirds.  I know that the glads are going into the front planter, that much has been established.  Noah says "we need to get the drip irrigation going before the flowers go in."  to which I scoff and say "It is not necessary! That's too much."  To which he says "Are you going to go out twice a day to hand water?"  Drip irrigation it is!

We bought some nutrient rich top soil (until we get the compost established: too many projects!) and mixed it into the existing soil after a good soak and weeds pulled.  Of course Noah had a graph paper sheet drawn up with the planter's specs all to scale telling him the exact placement of the drip irrigation heads so that each bulb would be evenly spaced for proper water coverage.

That's great honey, point to the spots and I will plant!

I envisioned these bulbs all shooting up out of the ground, 4 feet high all in full boom and evenly spaced so as to please the eye when one would gaze upon them. 
Another nice deep soak, and I was done!  It feels good to get projects done.  To get my hands dirty and sweat.  And I will have something to show for it!  Now about those rosemary bushes...

0 comments:

Post a Comment